23 Jun Business Events (BE) Steward Programme in Support of The National Vaccination Programme
The Malaysian Association of Convention and Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers (MACEOS), in collaboration with the Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB) is pleased to launch the Business Events (BE) Steward Programme in support of the national vaccination programme.
As the vaccination programme continues, more convention centres need extra helpers. Therefore, our initiative is to mobilize Business Events (BE) practitioners as the non-healthcare frontliners to administer vaccines to the population at the Pusat Pemberian Vaksin (PPV).
Make an impact by sharing your expertise and vital event practical skills – become a BE Steward as we need to leverage your expertise to the greatest benefit of the community.
BE Steward programme is open to all BE practitioners who are 21 years old and above and in good health. Able to give full commitment, responsible, honest and able to comply with instructions in carrying out tasks entrusted to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic through the national vaccination programme.
As part of your role, you will be asked to support stewarding at the PPV with non-clinical tasks. Among the scope of duties identified:
- Monitoring numbers and ensuring safe social distancing measures are followed;
- Managing queues and directing people to the right place;
- Temperature and symptom screening; and
- Assigning appointments, registration, managing the waiting area.
- Specific areas of responsibility will be determined by their respective supervisors at the PPV later.
- Remuneration, vest and meals will be provided to the BE Steward.